And so, after two weeks of break, I have returned back to the world of research. I can’t complain though. Searching is fun for me. Right now I am trying to find a good Presbyterian church to go to while I am here. I am loving Columbus because of its openness and more liberal qualities. This is from the website of the church I am visiting tomorrow:
Top Ten Reasons You Might Like It Here:
10. You’re put off by hierarchy and energized by community.
9. You’re tired of simple answers to difficult questions.
8. You’re looking for community where not everyone looks the same, talks alike, or believes the exact same things.
7. You’re at a point in your life where you’re interested in going to church whether or not it will thrill your parents.
6.. You’ve had a difficult week.
5. You think it’s no big deal when a church has gay or lesbian members in leadership positions.
4. You’ve got some questions and you’d like to ask them out loud and have someone actually listen.
3. You want to be a part of a church that is committed to making a difference in Columbus and the world
2. You want to be a part of a church that is committed to making a difference in Columbus and the world. (We put this one down twice because it’s really important to us.)
1. You are hungry to meet God.
Sounds like a wonderful place!
Everyone here wants to know what makes Columbus so different from Alabama. These are things I have noticed so far:
1. No “Good Ole Boys.” No Levis with a Skoal ring, boots, and Z71s.
2. Homosexuality is acceptable.
3. Columbus restaurants don’t have sweet tea.
4. Columbus is eccentric, artsy, lively, and a little more fast-paced.
5. Driving in Columbus takes skill and attention.
6. Humidity is killer in Alabama.
Guess that’s all for now– off to enjoy my long weekend!